We are holding two friendly evening sessions for anyone interested in finding out about plans for IWD 2013.
This is a chance for you to enjoy a preview of what’s planned so far and to have your say on what else we should offer at this event. We welcome your ideas about good guest speakers, performers and other talented local girls and women who could be part of our celebration!
You will also find out about volunteering opportunities at the IWD event and how to get more involved to help us reach more girls and women.
The evening sessions will be held in Derby city centre, hosted by Derby City Council at 5.30pm on 5th September 2012 and 9th January 2013.
To register your interest in coming along and for more details please contact Pam at the Council by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!
The theme for our 2013 event is ‘Create & Innovate’ – here are some of the plans so far:
* The Mayor of Derby will officially open the celebration
* Dale Diva, showchoir winners of TV talent show Don’t Stop Believing, will be performing and sharing their inspiring story
* Talent Showcase – diverse local artists & performers are being sought to entertain the crowds
* Inspiring stories will be shared by women who create & innovate in engineering, the arts and the
county’s highest ranking woman in the police service
* Creative activities will give you the chance to try something hands-on including eco-jewellery-making, flower planting, using art materials for goal setting and craftwork taster sessions
* Stalls representing diverse community groups and organisations keen to involve women in their
projects or campaigns, plus education, training, career and enterprise opportunities
* Fun for all the family with children’s face painting and card-making for Mother’s Day
* There will be an IWD magazine
Is there something else you would like to suggest for this event? Please contact us with your ideas!
Local street artists are sought to engage, entertain and inspire the crowds at our celebration of International Women’s Day on Saturday 9th March 2013.
We are keen to hear from women and girls who are street magicians, jugglers, beat boxers, mime artists and other performers who can mingle and entertain in an informal drop-in space.
Please contact us with your ideas and be a part of the buzz at this big event!
To perform at International Men’s Day Derby on 17th November 2012 please contact email@example.com