Thanks to everyone who has taken part in our consultations including our survey, social media and open meetings to help shape the festival, which will be on 8th March 2014, 10am-4pm at the Assembly Rooms. It is free entry but donations if you can are vital to our funding.
Here’s a sneak preview of the plans so far:
* The Red Tent – a special women-only space for reflection and celebration with drumming, psychic readings and lots more
* Variety of Workshops
* Science busking
* Arts & crafts including multicultural crafts, banner-making, empowerment dolls & self-portraits
* Stalls including No More Page 3, Vox Feminarum, Soroptimists, Derbyshire Football Association, Derby Co-op Women’s Guild, Positive Birth Movement, Oxfam Derby Campaigns Group, Friends of the Earth Derby, Endometriosis UK, Bralosophy, Spiral Arts, Upbeat Communities
* Performers – a diverse showcase of local talent including women’s and girls’ choirs, protest songs, cultural dance, sports skills & lyricism
* Children’s activities and creche
* Info on local services – education, health, police, council, citizen’s advice
* Foods from around the world
* Festival magazine highlighting local, national and global campaigns for girls and women
Want to be part of it? Contact us to get on the programme!