Invite the women in your life to enjoy a get together at your place, and ask everyone to donate what they would usually spend on a treat, party or night out. You could make it a themed evening or a coffee and cake morning – whatever works for you.
* Invite each guest to share their thoughts on “Sisterhood is…” e.g. on a paper tablecloth, or hang notes from a tree or peg them on a string
* Ask each guest to write an anonymous example of a kind act of sisterhood to pop in a box, then ask everyone to draw one to read aloud
* Sit in a circle and ask each woman to take a turn giving a genuine compliment to the woman on her right and the recipient simply says ‘thank you’ to receive this gift of praise
* Get your friends together to make some food – bring and share recipes that remind you of an inspiring woman
* Invite each sister to choose sisterhood-themed songs for the playlist
* Ask any creative sisters to sing, share a talent, teach a craft, read a poem, lead a meditation/visualisation, tell their story
* Make empowerment badges, gratitude jars, or feminist bunting
* Invite everyone to light a candle for a special woman or girl
* Have a sing-along of women’s empowerment or protest songs
* How about feminist party games? Women’s HERstory quiz?Feminist Pictionary? Smash the patriarchy piñata, anyone?!
* Offer stereotype-busting games and toys for children if they are coming along
* Ask each sister to recommend inspiring women’s books, films and stories
* Enjoy music and dancing together
* Consider an act of sisterhood such as inviting guests to bring pre-loved clothes to donate to a women’s charity such as Women’s Work, or items for a food bank or make up Welcome Boxes for women refugees arriving into Derby which Upbeat Communities can deliver.
Enjoy your Sisterhood Party!