Ever wished you could find a women’s or girls’ magazine that was better than the usual stuff on the shelves? And with no air-brushing? Help us create one! A positive alternative magazine by the community, for the community! Scroll down to add your article.
We’re inviting supporters – especially women and girls, across Derby & Derbyshire to contribute to our International Women’s Day Derby Festival magazine which will be published online and also a printed version at our annual festival.
Our 2017 theme is ‘Celebrate our HERstory – women making waves’. You can send us your article via the form on this page – (scroll down) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to receive a variety of articles, poems, cartoons, etc (up to 400 words but shorter ones are great too; it must be your own work and you must not breach copyright) – we are open to your ideas – here are just a few examples of things you might want to write about –
- inspiring women from history (March is Women’s HERstory Month around the world)
- a Q&A interview with your role model
- your experience volunteering with a women’s charity or campaign
- a gender equality issue you feel passionate about and want to raise awareness of
- something you have achieved that could inspire and encourage others
- a ‘how to’ article e.g. how to lobby your MP, assert yourself, publish a book, meditate, start a business, start guerrilla gardening, etc
- defying stereotypes e.g. coaching a girls’ rugby team, working in a male-dominated industry
- busting myths about feminism
- useful women’s support groups e.g. breastfeeding, carers, survivors, feminist midwives, diversity networks
- speaking up to challenge casual sexism or street harassment
- useful exercises or techniques e.g. to boost self-esteem or reduce stress
- promoting flexible working in the workplace
- sharing recipes and their meaning to you e.g. recipes passed from mother to daughter
- or maybe you’d like to create a poem, cartoon, infographic or illustration for International Women’s Day
We aim to include all suitable articles in the online IWD magazine and on our social media and as many as possible in the print version (subject to our fundraising).
We need your articles by 3rd February 2017 – please spread the word!
Share your article for the magazine below:
Thank you for sharing your story! Please also send us a photograph to go with your story – ideally a natural picture of you in action. If you prefer not to be pictured you can send a symbolic image, a photo of your hands holding a sign about your topic or a logo or image representing your cause – please make sure you have permission/copyright to use any images you send to us. Please e-mail your images to email@example.com